Tuesday, August 2, 2011

And So It Begins...

Welcome to my first official blog post!  Now, I have blogged before, however I never told anyone my page or that I was doing it so my viewers equaled only myself!  But THIS blog I want people to see.  This is where I keep my readers (or future readers) informed on what's going on with my writing.

I must admit that the few hours spent writing and editing this page is the most writing I have done in several weeks, which is pretty counter-productive since there is a book I need to finish editing before I can publish it!  I have readily accepted throughout my life that I am a procrastinator, but that has suddenly become a bad thing when it is keeping me from being able to live out my dream as a full time writer.  The proverbial "someday" just isn't good enough for me anymore.  Why not now? What's so wrong with getting anything done today?

Before I go getting all philosophical or too long winded (which I've been known to do on a regular basis), I want to thank you for reading this first post and I hope you will come back again soon.


I think this blog will be a great way to call myself out.  Nobody likes it when people point out your flaws, it's even worse to do it to yourself to the entire web.  But if I have to face myself in order to get out of my own way and stop procrastinating then I will.  

For now I say good night.  I am off to sleep then on to the new day.  I'm going to sleep with the ambition that tomorrow will be productive and that I'll get more than a page or two done.


Thanks again and I look forward to many more posts!

3 comments:

  1. Amy, yes you are a procrastinator. It takes one to know one. You are a very talented woman. It takes a lot of guts to follow your dream. Congrats Girl! I am proud to call you my friend! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get busy lady!! I am anxiously waiting Finding Home! Good Luck! Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Amy, and cheers to the mid-August release of Finding Home!

    ~your friendly neighborhood editor, Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It will be posted shortly.