Friday, March 9, 2012

Picture worth a thousand...

I guess I was a little too confident in my first book cover for Finding Home.  I thought it relayed the laid-back, peaceful feel of what the main character was going for, but I have learned that it leaves many not really reaching for the book.  some see the cover and think 'christian romance' which, though my characters are spiritual, this is definitely not for those who blush at initmate moments.  So I decided to repackage and see how it goes.

Why, you may ask - because the cover for Taking Chances draws the readers attention in.  How do I know this? Because in the 5 days it has now been on sale (on Amazon and Smashwords), it has sold more copies than Finding Home did in it's first 5 MONTHS!!  So this really is a no-brainer.

Tomorrow starts the sales blitz with the Sand Creek Craft Show.  Last Fall I did well and I expect to sell out this weekend, luckily I have extra stock coming just in time for the Blissfield Craft Show next weekend.  And I know I will sell out there too.  No, it's not that I am over confident, I know I will do good because I know the women of my comminuty will want to read a book based in their town!

And there is no rest for awhile considering I am aiming to release another 2 books before September 15, 2012.  That will mean I released 4 books in my first year, it's quite the goal, but I know I can do it. 

I hope if you order Taking Chances that you enjoy the book!  It was a bittersweet book to write for me, but I am proud of how it turned out.

Now I'm back to reality in my 'normal' job, always working toward the dream of writing full time.  Full STEAM ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be posted shortly.