Monday, October 15, 2012

October Fundraising Weekly Update #3

Mother Nature didn't play nice this weekend during my last outdoor show.  The Tecumseh Appleumpkin Festival saw rain showers on and off (mostly on) and chilly temps on Saturday.  Sunday was warmer but the wind gusts were too much and most all the vendors on my street were gone or packing up several hours before the festival was to end.  We didn't stand a chance up against wind gusts close to 30 mph!

But in spite of the weather, people still came out and I managed to sell some more books.  I also got to meet more fans, visit with old friends, and connect with a fellow writer.  All in all, I call it a successful weekend. 

The festival was the last show for the month so any more funds raised are all going to happen by a combination of self-promoting, word of mouth from my friends/family/fans, and a measure of being at the right place at the right time.  Irregardless of how much is raised, I know that it is going to a good place with www.thehotline.org


Thanks again for all your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be posted shortly.