Friday, September 18, 2015

Sharing my Passion

This has been an amazingly invigorating week!  With the anniversary of FINDING HOME, it has breathed some more life into my motivation.

At my 'day job' we have this council that announces special events in people's lives - weddings, babies, new homes, etc. - and I reached out that 'hey it may not count for this, but it's pretty awesome to me' on the anniversary of the book....the support was amazing.

An email blast was sent out to the work site (150 strong) and all day people send emails or stopped by my desk to give congrats and ask me about my latest books. They have been with me on this journey as most were here 4 years ago when I sent out the first email saying I had just self-published.  When the paperbacks had arrived I sold 50 in the office alone!!

All these good vibes helped me remember 2 things:
  1. I have an amazing support system of friends, family, co-workers that truly believe in me as a writer...let along the fans that love my books! Just asking how my next book is coming along means the world to me - it means you care!!!
  2. I LOVE talking about writing and romance and romance writing (among anything else - I really just love to talk - do NOT get me started on my love of country music either)!!
That passion for writing is always in me, like a pilot light always ready to burst into a full fledged inferno.  Talking about story ideas and inspirations and my characters keeps the fire burning.  It also kind of ticks me off that as much as I love writing I seem to not make the time I should for it.  Kind of like loving to do yoga but never doing it (which I'm also guilty of).

I realize how important it is for me to get that feedback for you - the fans. Every day over at my facebook and now on twitter, I post links and photos and share tidbits of my writing journey.  I read all the messages from you, I love the LIKES, comments, and shares.  Keep it up!!

Whether your passion is writing or yoga or country music or star wars or saving the plants or whatever - just follow that passion.  Revel in it, immerse yourself in all it's good-feeling yumminess, and never forget why you love it in the first place.


Click the links below to follow me!!

                          




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be posted shortly.

Here is what you missed!